509.865.6175 ext. 3624
HPSA Dental Score: 25
We are seeking a full-time faculty position in our Pediatric Dental Department. This is a Pediatric Dentist position at Children’s Village with the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC).
Along with treating patients, this position also requires providing clinical oversight, dental knowledge, and support to all 6 pediatric dental residents throughout their 2 years in the NYU Langone Advanced Education in Pediatric Dentistry Program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supervising and providing direct patient care and clinical teaching in the clinic and in the hospital operating room. This position works closely with the NYU Langone Associate Director to facilitate and ensure consistency in clinical education and evaluation of the residents, mentors pediatric dental residents and supervises their clinical education, research, community service activities, and works closely with management staff to identify solutions to local access to healthcare.
The Pediatric Dentistry Department of YVFWC maintains primary responsibility for educating NYU-
Langone post-doctoral resident trainees in the care of children’s oral health. The primary clinic site is ViewCrest Pediatric Dentistry, a 9-chair outpatient clinic with in-office dental anesthesia services.
Children’s Village is a 6-chair outpatient clinic that focuses on dental treatment for patients with special health care needs (SHCN) and their siblings with in-office dental anesthesia service.
Applicants applying for this position should have a strong background in treating patients with SHCN. Annually, the 2 clinics provide 12,000 to 16,000 patient visits, including the completion of approximately 400 general anesthesia cases. Each year, the program accepts 3 candidates to the two-year NYU-Langone advanced education in pediatric dentistry residency program which is fully accredited by CODA. Trainees undergo rigorous clinical and didactic training locally as well as virtually through in-person modules provided by NYU Langone. Faculty take after-hours call on a weekly basis to provide consultations and emergency care.
Applicants must have a D.D.S. /D.M.D. or foreign equivalent, completion of a CODA-accredited advanced education program in Pediatric Dentistry and be board eligible with the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry; and the ability to practice dentistry in the State of Washington. In addition, the candidate is expected to obtain a State of Washington permit to administer moderate sedation or moderate sedation with parenteral agents by the start date.
- Guaranteed 270k annual base compensation for full-time providers. Total compensation can
exceed 290K for productive providers, based on an internal bonus structure.
- 30k hiring bonus.
- 20k relocation bonus.
- NHSC and WSAC student loan repayment eligibility
- Malpractice insurance coverage (no tail coverage policy needed)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits at no out-of-pocket cost to employees.
- Eight paid holidays plus 19 days paid time off (PTO) to start
- $2,500 annual CE allowance with 5 days (40 hours) of CE time.
- Reimbursement of license costs.
- Profit-sharing plan 401a.
- 2 retirement plans -403b and 457b.
- Automatic life insurance policy.
- Employee assistance program.
Yakima County is the fruit basket of Washington and offers livelihood to many families with the
abundance of its harvest and continues to lead all counties in the nation in the production of apples, hops, sweet cherries, pears, and mint. The City of Yakima has a population of over 93,000 residents, while Yakima County’s total population has 247,000 residents. As a prime destination in Washington state, with our farm-fresh experience, international reputation as a wine destination, and 300 days of sunshine,
Yakima draws people from all areas. Outdoor recreation, including water and snow skiing, fishing,
boating, hiking, and white-water rafting, also makes Yakima a favorite destination for people throughout the Northwest. When you want to head to our metropolitan areas, Seattle, Spokane, and Portland are a 3.5-hour drive or less, which notes how centrally located Yakima is in the Pacific Northwest.
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.